For this assessment you must submit original, open-ended interview questions to your instructor. For each person on your list of interviewees for this module project, you must draft at least 10 questions. Some of your questions may be the same between interviews, but at least three should refer specifically to the person you are interviewing at the time.
You will need to conduct research on your own before drafting questions so that you ask informed questions.
Write a one-paragraph summary explaining how and where you conducted your research, as well as how you decided on the questions you will use.
Questions for FWC officer:
- What is your opinion on Offshore drilling?
- How do you think offshore drilling in the Gulf effects Florida beaches?
- How does Offshore drilling impact our marine environments?
- What do you think is the largest harmful effect that offshore drilling has on our oceans?
- How do you feel knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of gallons of chemical slug waste is being dumped into the ocean from oil rig out there?
- What do you think is a good solution to our offshore drilling problems?
Questions for Local Oil Company employee:
- What is our view on Offshore oil drilling?
- Do you advocate drilling offshore, or not?
- How would knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of gallons of chemical slug waste is being dumped into the ocean from oil rigs out there impact your view on Offshore drilling?
- Does your company get oil from a source that is from an offshore driller?
- Do you think that offshore oil drilling really makes the price of gas cheaper?
In my research, I used resources such as the LiveScience.com, for my research on Offshore oil drilling, and how it impacts our economy. I used the National department of energy for information on how offshore drilling effects our beaches. I decided on the above questions through my research and also based on who I will be asking them of. I wanted to make sure my questions were very informed, and would provoke informing answers.