Hey y’all! I just love this article covered by the AP on how these beautiful girls, were able to have their debutante party, despite their economical status. I just wish we could do this for girls like them all over the world. It made me cry. Oh and yea great job with those dashing young policemen, they look fabulous escorting those gorgeous girls. Great way to do some meaningful PR work! Go Brazil!
Hannah, @ Radical Femininity nominated me for the Leibster Award, last week, so i am just now posting it! So here we go!
The general ‘rules’ for accepting a Liebster Award are:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
So here are my answers. . . . . . . . .
1. What is your favorite Bible verse? Um, wow, that is a hard one! I really like Jeremiah 29:11, and I also like Philippians 4:13, and Isaiah 40:31. Those are probably my top three =)
2. Have you ever slaughtered an animal for food? Actually, I have, or at least think this counts. One time, way back (it was only like 10 or so years ago) when my family and I lived on our 40 ft sail boat, we caught a wild Tuna, in the Atlantic ocean, and so yea, we slaughtered/filleted it, and ate it right up. I was like 3 or 4.
3. If you could live in any era, which would it be? Um, well, that’s kind of hard to! I think it would probably be the Edwardian era. Still not sure, though, that one is going to take some more thought =P
4. What is your favorite style of music? Certainly Christian, but i don’t think that is a “style” per say. I like all kinds of music, country, blue grass, classical, some pop( christian pop), so yea =P
5. What country would you really like to visit? Wow, that’s another really hard one. I think my top four are Brazil, Equador, France, and Costa Rica. =)
6. Do you garden? Currently, no. But I have previously, quite a bit, actually =)
7. What is one prayer that you have had answered? Oh wow, um, I have had so many answered!
8. Do you like the country or city? I call myself a hybrid, I have a little bit of city girl in me, and some farm girl in me too, so yea =) But, if I had to choose one over the other, I would probably choose the country. I actually prefer the beach, or Ocean side, the most =)
9. Have you ever been to the chiropractor? Nope, never in my whole 15 yrs! =P
10. Would you prefer tea or coffee? Well I have only tasted coffee, and I would like to say coffee, over tea, but I’m not allowed to drink it, so =)
11. What is your life goal? Life goal. To be a better daughter, sister, friend, and follower of my Savior Yahushua. I can’t guarantee I will ever accomplish it though =P
And now for the 11 random facts about me! :
(I will try to make these facts, facts that you don’t find out right when you meet me, or just by knowing me for a few months)
1. My Papa came up with my name like, he says “a decade before he could even get married”! Actually it was when he was like 15, or something =)
2. I believe in dressing modestly, no skirts above the knee, and nothing like see through, and stuff. Oh and I have not worn pants/jeans of any kind since I was 8.
3. My family and I used to live on our 40 ft catamaran. I really miss it. I have salt water in my blood, for sure!
4. I did not get my first skateboard until last year, around December. My best friend had large part to play in that =P ‘Cuz she is awesome!
5. I have always had a love and passion for dance, and praise dance. But I have also always wanted to learn three types of dance, Irish folk dancing, Tap, and Modern. Still have not gotten around to any of these, but I will try in the years to come. For now I’m just an amateur, and I enjoy dancing at parties, at Shul (known to most as Church), and around the house. I did take a few introductory Ballet classes when I was like 6 or 7.
6. I have always had a real addiction, I guess you could call it, to traveling. I just love the fact of being away from home, and doing stuff, we don’t normally do at home! I also really enjoy the outdoors. Anything related to Hiking, Swimming, Watersports, Canoeing, Backpacking, I enjoy, a lot! =)
7. I really enjoy writing, in a creative way. If someone tells me to write something, about something, or something like that, I really don’t enjoy it. I like to write on my own time, whenever it comes to me. Sometimes it’s poetry, other times it’s about something I did, still other times it’s a fictional story! =) Creative writing is a big favorite of mine =)
8. I would really like to finish school, early. And by that I mean, I would like to do my best to finish school, when I’m sixteen. I am not promising anything, y’all! Now I don’t want any pressure guys, I’m already putting enough pressure on by my self =)
9. I absolutely HATE math! I think it must be a girl thing, but I can’t stand math. I don’t care how many time y’all try to tell me, how useful it will be, when I try to make a business making skirt and dresses, or how useful it is when cooking, and so on. You won’t change my mind, I can’t stand math, and I am no good at it. The ONLY math I like and have ever liked, is Geometry.
10. I really enjoy sewing. I wish I had more time to devote to it, but I don’t.
11. (Wow, I made it to 11! I’m not a terribly interesting person.) I really like most sports, but especially Volleyball, and Soccer, known in most other countries other than the U.S. as Futbol.
Okay, now it’s time for the Nominees! Drum roll please! =P
- FiddleOak Photography Blog
- Let if come from Your Heart
- Pure Heart
- Heather Meyers Photography
- Ruthie’s Rambles
- Torah Keeping Madiens
- Not Enough Poetry
- Let it come from your Heart
- Cooking Without Limits
- Ocean View Kitchen
- Lisa Bonwicz Photography
And finally the 11 questions for my awesome nominees:
1. What is the most exotic/unusual thing you’ve eaten?
2. What is your favorite book topic?
3. Pick one country that you really want to visit, what is it?
4. Given a million dollars what would you do with it?
5. You have been given the chance to go on world wide TV, and you have decided to change to world with this chance, but you can only use four words, what will they be?
6. What foreign language would you really, really like to learn?
7. Have you ever Been Sailing?
8. What is your Favorite Quote?
9. Who is your favorite Music Artist/Band?
10. What favorite blogging Topic?
11. What is your favorite person in history?
Okay, wow that took a while! =P Have an awesome week, y’all. And once again, thanks so much, Hannah, @ Radical Femininity for the chance to receive this wonderful award, and share a little bit about me with y’all! =)