For this assessment you must create an outline for your news story and draft a lead sentence. Your sentence must meet the following requirements:
- It must be between 20 and 30 words long.
- It must address at least three of the WWWWWH questions.
- It must provide essential information to the reader.
- It must use active structure.
- It must be written without expression of opinion.
Lead Sentence: On April 20th, 2010, the Gulf of Mexico, was flooded with thousands of gallons of crude oil, gushing from an underwater oil well. With this huge disaster affecting places all around us, this question is raised “How will this effect our marine environment?”
- Lead Sentence
- What the experts say
- Why it’s bad
- Brief summary